Sunday, June 4, 2017

Race for the Cure

This Saturday was Hartford's Race for the Cure. For the second year in a row my team was recognized as a top fundraising team and I was a top individual fundraiser. In two years my team has raised $14,300 to help fund local Breast Cancer programs. I'm really proud of the fundraising work I have done because even though I received my treatment in Boston, it was the diagnosis here in Connecticut that saved my life. And any chance where I can give back, I want to.

This year I also made the commitment to run the 5k. As a survivor you are constantly struggling with who you were before and who you are after treatment and finding a balance. Running was a part of who I was before my diagnosis and I thought Race for the Cure was as good a time as any to try and get myself back. I am happy to report I finished and my time wasn't that terrible either.

A couple weeks ago I had asked Stephanie if she would join us. I was so happy when she said she would go. The day just felt complete having my whole little family there. It was also a nice opportunity for her to meet my parents and since her mom and sister decided to join Stephanie I got to meet them too! I don't think that the introductions could have gone any better. It really was a perfect day.

Our Little Family Before The Race Started

With My Parents

I swear she was excited to be there.

This weekend also marked our 6th Wedding Anniversary. We take the same photo in our backyard every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Here!

Sorry there hasn't been an update for some time. Truthfully, we were enjoying being a family of four and settling in with our little mir...