Wednesday, June 21, 2017

First Visit to the OB/GYN

Do you ever just feel like you're failing at life? This past week has been brutal. I have a huge project at work that it taking up about 90% of my life and all of my mental capacity. I'm not sleeping because I've been having the worst hot flashes (thank you Lupron and Tamoxifen for putting me into menopause). We gutted our kitchen, so my house is in complete chaos.  No kitchen means, no sink, no stove and my entire kitchen is in my dining room. Eliza also got some sort of bug bite that made her eye swell like she had gone 10 rounds with Holyfield. She's been home from school because she can't see. And I'm exhausted.

This week started off with me forgetting to send my Dad Father's Day cards, followed by me completely forgetting to meet Stephanie for bloodwork on Tuesday. Two things that are so important to me just slipped my mind and I'm feeling like I can't keep up.

So after a brutal start to the week, I was really REALLY looking forward to our first trip to Stephanie's OB/GYN. I was really excited to meet her doctor and for her doctor to meet us and of course I was also excited to see our baby and heartbeat. The appointment went great. We went straight in for an ultrasound and got to see our little Gummy Bear. The baby's limbs were so clear this time and it was so fun to see our Bear's arms and legs.


After the ultrasound we went back to the waiting room to be called in to see the doctor. The visit consisted of a lot of questions about both our history and Stephanie's history. Some questions we fumbled through because we weren't sure who was supposed to answer them. But overall the appointment once again could not have gone better. Her doctor was so sweet and echoed our feeling about how amazing Stephanie is and that she is truly giving us the greatest gift. In fact her doctor got me a little choked up with how amazed she was with Stephanie. I'd like to say it's the lack of sleep, but it's not. It's that I still can't believe this is happening and that we found someone that couldn't be more perfect for us.

Needless to say this week got a whole lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

She's Here!

Sorry there hasn't been an update for some time. Truthfully, we were enjoying being a family of four and settling in with our little mir...